So this weekend I decided to start eating clean again after all festivities (I am from India and we had a festivals back to back in the month of September and October). I wasn’t sure what to make for lunch this afternoon but I knew I wanted to make something out of quinoa, so I thought why not make Spinach Mushroom Quinoa.
This is a simple recipe that is not only healthy and low in carbs but also keeps you full for a long time. This recipe is easy to make and requires very few ingredients!
1 cup quinoa, cooked per package
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 large onion, chopped
12 oz of mushrooms, sliced
16 oz of fresh spinach
Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa per package direction. I added 1 cup quinoa to 1.5 cups water, brought it to a boil, reduced the heat to low, covered and cooked for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Add chopped garlic and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Add spinach and let it wilt.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mix thoroughly.