This is one colorful snack and healthy too!
All of us are aware of the healthy goodness of beets so I keep looking for different ways to incorporate them into our everyday meals. They make for a great snack accompanied with some mint chutney and hot tea!
1 Pound Beetroot, peeled and shredded
1/2 Pound Potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/4 Medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon Ginger, minced
1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 Teaspoon Dry Mango Powder
1/2 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Tablespoon Oil, for shallow frying
- Add some salt to shredded beetroots and set them aside for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins squeeze the moisture out of the beetroots, try squeezing out as much moisture as you can otherwise it’ll be difficult to bind the patties later.
- Combine mashed potatoes and add in onions, jalapenos, cilantro, ginger and garlic.
- Add all the spices – salt, cumin powder and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Combine the potato mixture and beetroots.
- Form small bite sized patties.
- In a small bowl, mix all purpose flour and water.
- In another bowl, take some bread crumbs.
- Dip the patties in all purpose flour and water mixture and then into the bread crumbs.
- Once you are done with all the patties, cover the patties with cling wrap and keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame and brush it with some oil.
- Place the patties on the skillet and cook until they become brown on both the sides.
- Transfer them onto a paper-towel.
Serve hot with some mint chutney and hot tea!