My friend gave me fresh basil that she grew in her kitchen garden so I thought why not make some Pesto Pasta (which is my favorite!). I have added my own twist to the classic Basil Pesto Pasta by tossing in diced tomatoes to give the pasta some crunch and make it a little tangy.
3/4 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 Cup Pasta (dry)
1 Medium Tomato, Seeded and Diced
- Add basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to a blender.
- Continue blending until combined, you can add additional olive oil if needed.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and set it aside.
Putting it all together:
- Heat a pan, add pesto and cook for 2 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Now switch of the stove and add Pasta and diced tomatoes and toss quickly.
Serve immediately with some toasted bread on the side!