It’s really simple to make this, mash an avocado, poach an egg and then layer everything on top of a perfectly toasted bread.
Easy and yet so delicious!
1 Tbsp of Parsley (optional)
2 tsp of Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
4 Slices of any kind of bread
1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
Some Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
Toasting the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread, pop these bread slices in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy (This timing might differ depending upon the type of over you are using, so keep a close watch when you are toasting the bread. You may also use a toaster if you wish to, but I personally prefer oven).
- Fill a saucepan with enough water.
- Bring the water to a simmer (You should see small bubbles around the sides of the pan, you don’t want the water to be too hot or cold. We don’t want to boil the water for poaching the eggs.)
- Add lime juice and stir the water.
- Now break each egg into a small bowl and slowly add each egg into the simmering water. You can add all the eggs at the same time, but you’ll have to be quick so that all the eggs are done at the same time.
- This is an important step – Let the eggs cook for a minute, now turn the heat off and place a lid on the skillet and let the eggs sit in the hot water for about 7 minutes (If you like your eggs easy reduce this time to 5 minutes).
- Now carefully take the eggs out of water and pat the eggs dry using a paper towel.
- Scoop out the avocado in a small bowl and smash it with a fork.
- Now add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and mix it all together. You can replace parsley with cilantro.
Putting it all together:
- Spread the avocado spread on each slice of bread, we don’t want to spread too much or too little (but is there such a thing as too much avocado).
- Place 1 egg on top of avocado toast.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and paprika.